The New Normal – Post CV19
My eternal optimists prediction of the new normal – that lies totally within our grasp:
- Social Value will become part of who we are – not perhaps a tick box.
- We will understand the beauty of collaborating with our fellow humans for a purpose bigger than ourselves.
- Virtual platform are the dominant form of communicating and those comms will be laser like and focused. (We can surely put an end to boring meetings and wasteful travel).
- We will see our fellow professionals as humans first; not ‘just’ as consultants, architects, contractors, planners, lawyers and the like.
- We will reset our expectation of what is possible, in what time-frame and with what resource, by who and how – see Nightingale Hospital.
- We will shift our valuation of community building as a central function of our industry.
- We will value our time over money. Really, not just intellectualise it.
- We will recognise that slowing down is speeding up fulfillment.
- We will appreciate more of what we have and want less of what we don’t need.
- Those businesses that have communicated with staff and stakeholders openly, transparently, consistently, honorably and respectfully during ‘the shift’ – will be in pole position to leverage 1-9 above.
If you doubt the eternal optimist… If not us, who? If not now, when?
“Be the change you wish to see in the world”. MG