Wrestling with Your Conscience? That’s a Good Thing.
Wrestling with our conscience is an indicator:
- You are upset with the difficult decision you had to make and how that might impact other real life human beings.
- It means you are reflecting on whether or not you have made, or about to make decisions that grind with your ethics or values (personal or business)
- You care.
- You care about your standards.
- You care about other people.
- You care about the reputation of the business.
- You are engaging in reflection before action or reflection after action. In other words you care about the consequences the action will have, or, has had.
Real leaders wrestle well and reflect.